A concussion is a head injury resulting from a blow,bump,impact or jolt to the head or a hit to the body that affects the head. The condition occurs whenever these blows or impacts cause the head and brain to quickly move in one direction and then another. These quick movements cause the brain to jolt or twist within the person’s skull,damaging brain cells and creating harmful chemical reactions within the brain. This condition is also classified as a mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) or as a type of mild cranial trauma. An mTBI is especially dangerous while playing in a contact sport such as football or basketball.
The Dangers of mTBI
Injuries that medical providers classify as “mild” are not typically considered life-threatening. While this reasoning applies to head traumas such as mTBIs,they are still very serious. The brain is a very complicated organ. This means that one brain injury will never exactly match a different brain’s injury. Some persons may show symptoms of an mTBI immediately after the head injury,while others may show symptoms only after several days or weeks have passed. Certain mTBIs can affect a person’s ability to notice or communicate that they are suffering from the condition. When symptoms do show,the injured person may want to consult a brain injury lawyer for advice.
The dangers of mTBIs are that the onset of the symptoms can be very subtle and that recovery from the head injury can vary widely from person to person. This can be especially concerning for those who play sports regularly. They may continue playing and believing that they are healthy,but they have suffered an mTBI that merely hasn’t presented its symptoms yet. Players who unknowingly play sports with mTBIs may delay their recovery processes. Worse yet,they may compound their neurological problems if they suffer one or more additional mTBIs. It is strongly encouraged that those who have suffered or believe that they suffered a TBI or mTBI should be assessed by a medical professional.
Sports Injury mTBI Signs
Sports players,their families,teams,associations and medical specialists who work with sports players must know and look for the signs of mTBIs. Players may wish to brush aside suspected sports injuries due to concerns of downtime and negatively impacting their teams. Players getting an accurate mTBI assessment and medical treatment is much more important to their long-term health and quality of life. Everyone involved in sporting activities should look for the following danger signs from sports players who sustained any head trauma:
- A persistent headache that increases in severity.
- A loss of consciousness of any period,whether the player is knocked out or passes out.
- Any unexplained agitation,restlessness or confusion.
- Players who exhibit signs of numbness,weakness,worsening coordination or slurred speech.
- A person with one pupil that is larger than the other pupil.
- Players experiencing fits of twitching,shaking,convulsions,nausea or vomiting.
It is critical for sports professionals and those involved in the sporting community to spot the danger signs of concussions. If people remain vigilant and spot the signs of mTBI,then players may stay in the game and live long,healthy lives.
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common and most expensive reasons for personal injury claims. Victims usually suffer from minor injuries to serious damages that leave them temporarily or permanently disabled. Injury costs can be very high due to surgeries,special equipment and braces,medications and rehabilitation. However,if a claim is made from the company towards the responsible party and they win,the victim could be forced to cover all of the expenses. For this reason it is really important to know the main causes of these type of accidents and be aware of them.
Situations that can cause an accident
Knowing the most common causes of these accidents can help a person stay safe,as well as business owners,workplaces or the owner of a public space to avoid an expensive premises liability claim.
- Wet or uneven spaces. They include all floors that have spills that are not cleaned immediately,pavements that present irregularities on their surfaces without warning signs,lack of carpets or rugs on stairs,recently waxed,sloped or non-slip floors,potholes in parking lots,floors with grease splatters or other liquids,etc.
- Environmental conditions. Among the risks due to an accident we can mention: snow accumulation,leaves or debris on floors,accumulation of garbage or objects,poor lighting that makes it difficult to see surfaces,changes in the type of floors (in material),etc.
- Unsafe stairs. All places with several levels must have the appropriate stairs. Some of the causes of accidents can be: lack of handrails or the fact of not using them,running,jumping or stomping,debris,objects or garbage on the steps,waxed or polished stairs without non-slip surfaces,etc.
- Lack of training and equipment. This occurs mainly in companies,when workers are not provided with the appropriate equipment or when they are not given information for their use. All employees,mainly in high-risk industries,must be properly trained to use the necessary tools and equipment. The main cause of these accidents is improper use or lack of footwear.
- Negligence in retirement homes. The elderly are the most likely to suffer falls with very serious consequences,since over time their bones tend to be weaker and their balance more unstable. In these places the care in the floors and spaces must be greater.
- Fraud. Although it is of less occurrence (3 percent according to the NFSI),it is a reality that occurs. When the person sets the stage for the accident to occur,for example,pouring a liquid or an oil in a supermarket and in this way simulate the incident. Another way is when the person crashed somewhere else but pretends he was at work.
Needless to say,if you suffered an accident of this nature and had injuries or even a surgery,you should speak to a personal injury lawyer. They can help you get compensation to cover your medical expenses,in the case that it is the company’s fault or an act of negligence.
Statistical data indicates that for the first doctor consulted by the patient,the medical condition is correctly diagnosed in only 12% of the cases. Often the doctor may tell the patient that there is no serious health problem or incorrectly diagnose the health problem. Many illnesses have similar symptoms,and inexperienced or incompetent doctors may diagnose the wrong illness. Due to medical misdiagnosis patients may die or suffer permanent injuries,disability due to lack of proper medical care,incorrect medical treatment or delayed medical treatment. Incorrect diagnosis is one of the most common medical mistakes and results in the death of millions of patients worldwide annually.
Though patients who do not provide adequate medical information to the doctor,may be partly responsible for the wrong diagnosis,usually careless,inexperienced or dishonest doctors are responsible for not diagnosing the health problem correctly. Due to incorrect diagnosis of the illness,the patient will be advised the wrong treatment like incorrect medicines,diet,surgery or other methods to correct the health problem. Only when the health condition will worsen or remain the same,the patient may go the same doctor again or visit another doctor for a second opinion.
Doctors can correctly diagnose the medical condition of their patient if they have the relevant experience,knowledge and all necessary information. Patients should be aware that they will not be able to initiate a personal injury case against the doctor just because the doctor does not diagnose the illness correctly since there is no injury to the patient immediately. However if the incorrect diagnosis of the patient will cause permanent injury or death,the patient or a family member can initiate a case of medical practice against the doctor to get compensation for the losses.
Since a large number of patients worldwide die due to medical mistakes,it is important for the patient or his family member to keep proper medical records of the diagnosis of the doctor and treatment suggested,especially for serious illnesses. If the misdiagnosis results in permanent injury to the patient,the doctor can also be sued for the financial losses suffered by the patient. The compensation which the patient or his family will get due to the incorrect diagnosis depends on the education,experience,skills of the patient,whether the illness or medical condition was fatal and other factors. It is also important to consult an experienced medical malpractice attorney specializing in medical malpractice to get the compensation the patient deserves.
When it has to do with your sewer line,the very best defense is a great offense. Much like any drain line in your house,a sewer line can receive a clog. With the right maintenance,your sewer line can run efficiently for several years and you might not require a sewer line restoration. Ideally,you need to have your sewer line cleaned at least one time in a 24-month period. The right way to clear a sewer line is via a clean out. Along with root damage,a broken or clogged sewer line can occur in a range of means.Payless Plumbing Delray Beach
If repair isn’t possible,it can be time for you to schedule a sewer line replacement. Although the repair might be a replacement of a brief period of pipe or the elimination of overgrown tree roots,costs can quickly escalate because of excavation and relevant project expenses. Sewer repair,cleaning,along with replacement services are among our specialties.
South Florida Plumber
Nobody enjoys sewer line repair,but sometimes it must be accomplished. Sewer line repair ought to be such that it’s highly affordable and enduring. Sewer line repair can really be carried out easily as soon as you know all the rules and you comprehend the important of each. Trenchless sewer line repair may be the proper answer.
South Florida Plumber